2/28/2012

Reviews on Dutch Oven with Loop Handles by Lodge




1 - 

I ordered this pan two months ago. The delivery was quick and the item arrived in ideal condition. It is stunning... deep black in color and a sight to behold. All the roasts, ribs and chicken have turned out flavorful and tender. Cast Iron imparts it is own brilliant flavor to all that is cooked in it. It is  a smokey flavor. I use only wooden utensils to keep away from any scratches that might remove the brilliant seasoning. In case you scratch down to the forged iron itself you risk the likelihood of rust formation. If rust does happen it will must be reseasoned again. I wipe the surface with olive oil after each use to help keep it ideal. This five qt. dutch oven has a more updated look with neat lines. I am liking the new modernlook. So take proper care and it will last a hundred years or more. Pick up and enjoy.




2 - 

I own lots of forged iron pans. Griswold, Le Creuset & Lodge & I love all of them. For those who have issues with forged iron. Each type of pan has it is use & when you use a pan for things it was not intended for you will probably have issues. I bought this five quart pre-seasoned dutch oven to bake bread using the book [My Bread] by Jim Lahey. This has worked so well that I have bought lots of of these dutch ovens & given them as gifts to fellow bread bakers. Everyone who has used this dutch oven for baking bread will tell you that this the best thing to ever happen to them in the world of home baking. This was reviewed with stars because it does exactly what I require & require it to do. It will last for generations & generations. Don't forget to pass on the [My Bread] bread book with the inheritance. a side note. In the event you like to bake over loaf of bread at a time, a standard oven will hold of these dutch ovens at time. You can keep loaf & make new friends with the other.


Reviews on Dutch Oven with Loop Handles by Lodge



3 -

I was happy with this dutch oven before it was even delivered to me. For [big] thing, the cost cannot be beat! I'd been looking for a stainless steel dutch oven with aluminum or copper inside. We are speaking large bucks. But from plenty of years experience cooking with forged iron fry pans, I knew I'd get what I was looking for, if not in looks, then in performance. And I am not disappointed. This dutch oven needs to be cared for like all forged iron, which is a tiny bit of a pain, but not much. And it is heavy, which is lovely for cooking but not so lovely for lifting, again not a actual large deal. What is important is that it cooks like a dream. I am so happy to own this! And so is my budget.


4 -

When I saw this Dutch Oven I was elated. It was what I was looking for, and the cost was definitely right. I had a hard time deciding between the Loop Handles or the Coil Handle, but think I made the right choice with the Loop Handles. From what I had read in other reviews, I had some apprehension about the pre-seasoning, but had absolutely no issue with it. And it was delivered within a couple of days. I was shocked at how quickly it arrived. My brother is an avid collector of all things forged iron, so I cooked his Fathers Day dinner in it. He loved the meal, and wanted the recipe. I guess I will be purchasing another of these Dutch Ovens soon, as this is the thing he doesn't have.



1 comments:

  1. Good article! Your content reveals some interesting facts about the Dutch Oven with Loop Handles by Lodge. Thanks for sharing this info!

    ReplyDelete