2/18/2012

Reviews on CTO4500S Counter Top Convection Oven by Black Decker



This review is from: Black & Decker CTO4500S 6-Slice CounterTop Convection Oven with Pizza Bump, Stainless Steel


1 -

Being a single, when it comes to cooking supper you do not always need to make use of the oven for a chicken breast and a baked potato. For that reason, I love having a toaster oven as it is a great alternative for heating up the giant oven.
buying from Amazon 



Recently my toaster oven of over0 years died and it was time to replace it. I went to the store to get an idea of what these cost and to find out what exactly I wanted. While you may not think that toaster ovens alter a lot, it turns out, they have.

My elderly toaster oven could cooking and toasting, but that was about it. It also did not fit much over something the size of a loaf of bread. I had bought a bread pan recently but it was a tiny bit giant to fit in to my elderly toaster oven, so I was one time looking for find something that it would fit in to.

I ended up purchasing my toaster oven through Amazon. I was one time impressed with how quickly it showed up came home from work day and saw it sitting on my front step waiting for me. It was the standard features you would find in any toaster oven and it is and a convection oven and has a warm feature on it as well. I have heard that convection ovens cook faster than regular ones but I do not notice much of a difference myself.

This toaster oven also has a recessed area so that a person can put a 12 pizza in to it to cook. I recently checked this out and it worked brilliantly. For some reason, my regular oven and pizza do not agree as I finish up setting off my smoke alarm when I cook pizza, but now I can use the toaster oven with no issue.

It came with a cooking tray and a rack so that you can cook toast on it. I don tend to make plenty of toast so I have not tried out that feature. The cooking tray is great for making dinner for on. I can fit a few chicken fingers as well as Italian fries on it and supper is prepared. My bread pan fits as well with room to spare.

I highly recommend this toaster oven in case you are looking for a new without spending plenty of money.

buying from Amazon 





2 -

Like most reviewers, I have had plenty of toaster ovens over the years. I usually do not find time for reviews, but thought I had some matchless insights on this model.

The lovely: Looks attractive, and matches my stainless kitchen. The quartz heating tubes throw plenty of infrared light, much like B&D's Infrawave product. The heating element protectors do a lovely job of keeping food off, but still letting the light shine through. I am liking the funky metal arms that pull the tray out. Yes, they look daft, but they pull the tray out when it is hot, yet don't prevent you from grabbing it and pulling it all the way out, and they work in all positions. I have tried all cooking modes, and it does an incredible job.

The bad: Fundamentally, no new toaster ovens can match the ones that was built, and I assume this is due to liability concerns and pricing pressures. My earlier toaster ovens had a temperature sensor in toaster mode, while this only makes use of time. Toaster mode in this model is oven at 450 with convection fan off. The toast comes out great, but you do not have the fine level of control that older temperature sensor control dial had, so you cannot walk away and come back when it dings. Also, this toaster oven only heats to 450 degrees, while my earlier ones went to 500, and I could trick them to be even hotter for steaks press toast button when in oven mode. This is probably due to the nonstick coating of the oven interior, which is only lovely to 450. My older ovens had the self-clean interior lovely for 800+ degrees.

 note - some reviewers lamented that the convection fan is not on in toast mode. Toast mode and oven mode is the same thing, so use oven set to 450 in the event you require the fan on when toasting.

So my conclusion? This is a keeper. Food comes out great, in all modes. The huge amount of infrared light thrown by the quartz tubes in such a little shiny oven yields great browning, searing, and flavor. In the finish, it is all about the food, and food comes out very tasty in this small gem.



3 - 

This is a great looking toaster and amazon had a great cost on it. It was and a best pick several times from Consumer Reports, in the event you didn't require to get their #1 pick which was about $175. This small man was so cheap on Amazon and works great. beacause of the location of outlets in our kitchen, the plug hits the pizza bump in back so the toaster protrudes on the counter a bit, but no giant deal. So happy that I got it! I wish that I had done it sooner since our elderly toaster was clunky, obsolete, and the wrong color for our kitchen. This made a giant difference in the appearance of our kitchen for such a small cost.



4 - 

This is a great oven for a lovely cost. I did lots of research several other models & brands. I do not agree with lots of of the reveiws. This oven performs all the functions it claims it can do. I did not have any fires, my door closes perfectly & my toast is fine. I do know as a Professional Chef you do not leave any equipment unattended in the kitchen. I am very satisfied with this oven.



5 -


This product does what it supposed to do. It does a great job of baking a small batch of rolls or cookies, a couple of potatoes, or a pie. What makes this do these jobs better than most toaster/ovens is that it is a true convection oven. While it takes longer to reheat pizza than a microwave, the few additional minutes is worth it as the pizza comes out with a crispy crust & melted cheese. Microwaving pizza is great in case you like a soggy mess.

I saw poster complained about the noise of the convection fan. Yes, you can listen to it but compared to my microwave or my vent hood it is the quietest of the & the benefits of the convection make it worth it.

Style wise it is stunning although the grey plastic is kind of tacky looking they ought to have either gone to black or white.

Like all toaster-ovens it is not the quickest for toasting, a regular toaster is better for a couple of slices, but if you are doing slices & require them to come out simultaneously the browning is uniform, actually better than my Krups slice toaster. It claims to be a six slice toaster, but only in the event that they are smaller than average slices. If it were a true six slice toaster it would not fit on my limited counter space. Of coursework it is lovely if you are doing a couple of split bagels or English muffins.

My complaint is the knobs, the timer knob. It ought to have knurling on it to facilitate rotating it with wet hands or if an older person is using it. I understand what the issue is as the knob controls a mechanical timer that needs to be wound, but I think they could have found with a less powerful spring. In case you do purchase this product keep in mind to rotate the timer past twenty & then back if it is less than twenty minutes cooking time.

So with that reservation, I would highly recommend the Black & Decker CTO4500S to somebody.

1 comments:

  1. Art of living has a very important factor which include cooking food. There are many ways to do the same. I really appreciate the designing of all these ovens. I would surely like to buy that rotating oven.
    Thanks and Regards
    Edward

    ReplyDelete