2/06/2012

Reviews on High Speed Baking, QuikServe Oven by West Bend



 This review is from West Bend 76026 High Speed Baking QuikServe Oven, Black/Silver

1 - 
This oven is aesthetically pleasing but takes up plenty of counter space. It seems plenty of thought went in to the design ,for example the nice weight cooking pan has a separate lift bracket with stay cold handles. However, if the top part were two inches taller it would have more functional use. I cooked Ore-Ida oven fries in it on the supplied non-stick pan & they were quickly cooked perfectly with an enhanced potato taste. Then later I cooked manicotti in a small & shallow rectangle glass Pyrex dish. Part of of the top elements had burned melted cheese on it. Both items cooked much faster than if I had used my regular sized convection oven or my convection microwave oven since no warm up period was necessary. However, it seems everything has to be place only on the cooking pan which is about the size of a medium frozen pizza. This greatly limits the everyday use of this oven. I had hoped since my toaster-oven recently died that this item would take it is place, but that is not the case. I will probably still use it for fries & frozen pizza, but if I am baking cookies, a cake or a pie then I'll use my microwave or full sized oven.


2 - 
This little oven positive is sleek and classy. I had no issues setting it up and any older kid could use it with little to no instruction. Curious about the claims you could bake cookies in it, I whipped up a batch and did some in the West Bend oven and some in my usual conventional oven. I must say the West Bend provided a lovely deal more entertainment as the cookies rotated past the glass window like a carousel of yumminess. But in the finish, the cookies from the West bend were slightly burnt on the bottoms by the time the middles were properly baked. Slightly uninteresting but perfectly done from the conventional oven, which also costs less to operate since it is more power efficient.
Frozen snacks are a different story, they fared about as well as they do in the microwave, sometimes slightly damp from built up moisture. I thought the West Bend did a better job at toasting bagels than my toaster though. IF you had a teenager you didn't trust to make use of the oven, this is a lovely option and it looks stylish on the counter top. I would not recommend it for more youthful hands though, since I had a hard time removing the heating tray without possibly burning myself.



3 - 
This fun small unit is a counter-top convection oven that is designed for baking pizzas, hors d'oeuvres, and other small foods. It's a comparatively small footprint meaning no pizza larger than 12 inches and even when opened it fits comfortably on the counter-top beneath the cupboards. It is black and silver finish gives it an beautiful look that means that you won't mind leaving it on the counter on a regular basis.
You place the food on a revolving baking tray, and it cooks it in a speedy and even manner, making it an excellent alternative to the microwave oven. I have an electric oven in the kitchen, which seems to take hours to warm up. This oven, on the other hand, begins cooking  immediately, which means that it is more economical for small projects.
My relatives and I have found this to be a great new way to cook pizzas and mozzarella sticks and other snacks. They have had no issues with it so far, and look forward to using it for a long time to come. All of us highly recommend this oven to you and your relatives.


4 - 
This handy, hard-working toaster/convection oven, which needs no pre-heating, is terrific for heating frozen hors d'oeuvres, pizzas & hotdogs. It is simple to tidy, simple to operate, & tiny to sit out permanently on your countertop. I like it for entertaining as an auxillary to my large oven. But I can see that plenty of people would make this their number food heater.

My teenage daughters love to make use of this tiny oven when they have friends over. The fact that they don't must wait for it to preheat (the regular stove takes up to0 minutes to preheat) makes it ideal for fixing a speedy bite between movies. They like it for baking cookies in tiny batches, . That way the cookies can be served hot each time.

I gave of these ovens to my oldest daughter when he moved in to her own apartment. Her busy college schedule has her using this tiny oven over any other appliance in the kitchen. I like it that he will make herself hot food at home, even if it is frozen, than buy take-out. A lot more economical. Someone cooking for or people would probably find this oven a nice buy. Heat up a tiny pizza, cut up an apple, pour a glass of milk, & you have a speedy, cheap & nice meal.

Overall, a handy tiny appliance which has a permanent spot on my countertop. I recommend it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment