6/16/2012

Reviews about BUNN HG Phase Brew 8-Cup Home Coffee Brewer

 About BUNN HG Phase Brew 8-Cup Home Coffee Brewer

Reviews about BUNN HG Phase Brew 8-Cup Home Coffee Brewer Get a better cup of coffee with the BUNN HG Phase Brew 8-Cup Home Brewer Coffee Maker. This coffee maker is different from ordinary machines. The Phase Brew doesn't "drip" right away, in fact, it doesn't drip at all. The revolutionary Heat & Release Know-how heats all the water to the right temperature in the coursework of the 6-minute heating phase, then quickly releases it through the matchless spray head for an optimal 4-minute brewing phase. And that is the way you get amazing coffee flavor. BUNN Phase Brew - brews better, not bitter

BUNN HG Phase Brew 8-Cup Home Coffee Brewer
Coffeemaker
Revolutionary, patent-pending heat and release expertise
Heats water to about 200°F, the right temperature for hot, flavorful coffee that is never bitter
Programmable auto-start
Brews 2-4 cups (8 oz) per batch
Stainless brew funnel
Water window
Cleaning indicator
Glass carafe
Measures 10-1/4''W x 15-1/4''H x 8-3/4''D
Weighs 8-1/2 lbs
UL listed


  Specifications about BUNN HG Phase Brew 8-Cup Home Coffee Brewer

Bunn Phase Brew features Heat & Release Expertise that heats all the water to ideal brewing temperature before releasing it onto the coffee grounds to prevent bitter flavor.
  1. Brews four to 8 cups "twenty to 40 -ounces"
  2. Glass carafe & stainless brew funnel
  3. 6-Minute heating phase + 4-minute brewing phase = ten minutes to better coffee
  4. Programmable auto-start, simple to read LCD display, time-to-clean indicator, & warmer that automatically shuts off after two hours
  5. 3-Year limited warranty



1  

I made my 1st pot of coffee with this today, & I can say that this pot made the best coffee I have ever made. I went with this Bunn model because it was affordable, had a clock/timer, & preheats the water to the correct temperature before the brewing begins. The unit was stunning, simple to set up, & though the directions said the water had a 6 minute heat up time & then a three minute brew time, my coffee was prepared much faster. I add liquid creamer to my coffee, & although it was chilled creamer, the coffee was still piping hot. The coffee was smooth, with no bitter notes at all. I used Dunkin' Donuts freshly ground arabica beans, & it tasted better than any coffee I ever got at their donut shop! Bunn has made a believer out of me, the water temp. makes a immense difference.





This coffee maker produces a full flavored and hot cup of coffee in about ten minutes. The maker is simple to make use of with flaw, the fill tank lines are difficult to see. The capacity is right for me at 8 cups. Neat up is a snap. I would have given this coffee maker stars if not for the fill tank lines being difficult to see. I highly recommend this coffee maker to any serious coffee lover as it does produce the best cup I have had outside of my local coffee shop. Great results, ease of use and straightforward neat up make this of the best available.






First, let me say that I did not purchase this coffee maker through Amazon, however, I buy it from Bed Bath & Beyond.

I did lots of research on various coffee makers from various manufacturers & was surprised by so lots of bad reviews for expensive coffee makers. Originally, I did not plan to buy a Bunn product. The I wanted wasn't in stock though the BB&B said it was. Also, I didn't need to buy by mail in case it had to be returned.

After spending at least hour comparing the various coffee makers on display, I decided to buy this product in part because of the distinctive simple design, because Bunn has a nice reputation, & because it does not need a water filter, which can become pricey over time. "I use the filtered water from our fridge."

I have been using it for a couple of weeks, & so far, I have been over happy. The coffee tastes great. It is very simple to pour water in to the resovoir without spilling. Absolutely no spills when pouring coffee - a first, the spout is wide & flat. Great design. The clock is simple to set. However, I haven't tried using the automated function, because I am retired & don't get up at a specific time. It also has a two hour turn off function, which is great for people "like my husband" who forget to turn off the coffee maker. For the features I have mentioned, I rate this product with five stars.

On the down side, the coffee maker has a 3-pronged cord which is all right except that it must mean it requires more power while boiling the water. This would not be an issue unless you live in an older home, with older electrical wiring, & limited outlets (like me). I discovered I cannot use the toaster (which is on the same circuit panel) while the coffee maker is heating the water because it journeys the breaker. However, after the water has done boiling, while in the drip function, I can use the toaster. Also, the coffee maker it a bit tall & barely fits under my cabinets - an inch shorter would be ideal. & it doesn't have a 'stop drip' function in case you pick to pour a cup of coffee while it is dripping. Finally, in case you drink lots of coffee, the carafe/resovoir is on the smaller side & could be a controversy for some. They only drink coffee in the morning so it is not an issue for us.




We love this small coffee maker. The first thing that won me over was it is simple construction. Compact, no additional parts, looks nice on the counter. AND it is actually stainless. I was one time dismayed to find that lots of of cuisinart's "stainless" models are plastic made to look like stainless AND more pricey at that. It is nice to have something in this cost range that is actually stainless & well made. My favourite feature is that the brewing basket is actually stainless . ALL metal, no plastic lining. Most other makers, even ones that are actual stainless don't have a metal brewing basket, which in case you think of it, is important. Near boiling water makes plastic chemicals leach in to your water, & can give things a plastic taste. Do you require the hot water from your coffee always filtering through & soaking in plastic as it brews? That was an important feature for me in deciding which automatic maker to get. I love that the controls are simple, no additional features you don't require. Setting the clock is simple as is the automatic timer. It makes great tasting coffee that is nice & hot. The 8 cup size is nice, & I find it better than a 12 cup, unless you consistently make coffee for a sizable crowd. In addition, BUNN customer support is excellent. Our carafe broke, unexplainably, while washing after 6 months - (A flaw in the glass, apparently) - & they sent us a new free with no hassle after a simple e mail request. Great product, great company.



















0 comments:

Post a Comment