7/06/2012

Reviews about GE Cafe CGS990SETSS

 About GE Cafe CGS990SETSS                                                                  


GE Cafe CGS990SETSS


The GE Cafe CGS990SETSS is part of the kitchen range check program at Consumer Reports. In our lab tests, gas range models like the Cafe CGS990SETSS are rated on multiple criteria, such as those listed below 

-  Cooktop high 
This reflects how quickly the most powerful burner could raise a 6-liter {6 1/3-quart} pot of water from room temperature to a near boil.

-  Cooktop low
This reflects the gentlest burner's ability to melt & hold chocolate without scorching it. They also set the most powerful burner to its lowest flame to check its ability to hold a giant pot of tomato sauce below a boil.

-  Baking
This reflects the evenness of cookies & cakes in multi-rack baking tests.




Specifications GE Cafe CGS990SETSS                                                 


buy from Amazon
1 - 5 Sealed Burners.

2 - 20,000 BTU Tri-Ring Burner.

3 - Exact Simmer Burner.

4 - 6.7 cu. ft. Convection Double Oven
Self-Clean.







Some reviews about GE Cafe CGS990SETSS                                    

1 -                         

We have been lucky with our range-sorry to read the earlier reviewer's experience. Haven't noticed issues with excessive fan noise and find this is a pleasure to cook on. Not only does it look great in our kitchen, but they love the true simmer, power boil options. Find that upper oven is useful for rewarming/casseroles/pizza, but prefer to do the actual work in the lower oven. We have had this for 7 months now and find this is a great improvement from our standard gas range they had before. I had read before purchasing that the stovetop is basically scratched and difficult to neat. Care is necessary when cleaning and when removing/replacing forged iron grates, but I have not struggled at all to keep it looking nice as new. So far, they are happy with our purchase.



2 -                         

Awesome gas range, quality construction, this gas range rocks. I am still learning how to make use of the burners since they provide a lot more heat then the gas range it replaces. Same for the ovens. I do most baking/broiling in the upper oven since it suits 90% of my needs & have only used the lower oven one time in the convection mode. I thought all convection ovens were electric & that I would require 220V power installed. That wasn't clear in the description, but all I needed was the existing 110V & the gas line. This range is like a new automobile that I cannot cease taking a look at every time I walk in to the kitchen. I am in the midst of a kitchen make-over with new cabinets, counters etc., & this range only adds to the tidy, simple lines look that I require for the whole kitchen. But most important is the functionality & this range performs. Only had it for 6 weeks.
- The delivery was on-time & I slid the elderly range out & the new in. The hookup & levelling (if needed) was dirt simple.

3 -                         

Our oven broke and was not repairable the week before Easter. So I searched the Net for a replacement. I ordered it unseen based on reviews I saw online. I am not sorry! I am liking the earlier reviewer I am liking the simmer and the power boil. I don't find it noisy at all. 
The griddle is awesome . And it is so simple to tidy. an very great stove









Read more reviews about GE Cafe CGS990SETSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment